Monday, September 6, 2010

Rutendo and her Special way of Touching People



It was right in my first year of school, in my Oral Communication class, that I got to know special Rutendo Chikuku, a sophomore student from Zimbabwe. Rutendo affiliated to an organization which designed Lindenwood as her best option to receive a scholarship. She confesses her appreciation for the college because of the large number of international student’s body, and the opportunity to connect to different cultures.

During our presentations, she revealed a really outspoken and easygoing person. She can easily be distinguished by her enthusiasm and charisma. Chikuku is not only popular with students, but also with faculty and Lindenwood staff. Rutendo can be defined as a loved God’s creature and blessed Christian. Every time that I collide in Chikuku, between classes, she is always so positive, confident, sweet and holding a huge smile on the face. I never witnessed a bitter or angry mood from the Zimbabwean girl. Chikuku’s aim is to be a Biologist and her minor is in Chemistry. Regardless of having not that much in common, we always have something new to tell each other, and she is so interested about everyone’s condition.

I am really glad I had the opportunity to get to know Rutendo. She exhales happiness and a sense of positiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment